Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chapters 3,4 & 5 Magician's newphew

Second post here, well I guess technically third one. I have read through chapters 3-5. I am finding this a good read and the story moves along at a good pace. Maybe that's why these are considered classics.

I was intrigued by the words that Digory says when he finds himself in the woods. He makes the comment that he feels like he has always been there. As I read that I wondered to myself, is that what heaven will be like? When we get there will we feel as though we have always been there? I suppose that will depend on how we live here on earth, to some extent. I believe we should live our lives here on this earth in preparation for heaven. How do we do that? Well reading scripture to get to know God more would help. Also doing things that had eternal results. Investing in people. Giving your time to those around you and in doing such sharing God's love. How much of heaven do I know? Do you know? I may be reading too much into Digory's words but just thought I would share it anyway

Why did Digory not know it was Polly right away? Why was there a delay before he knew?

I thought it was interesting that it was Digory that wanted to explore more worlds but Polly wanted to go home. Then later on it turns out Polly was right not to explore. Polly never trusted the Queen and sure enough just as chapter 5 ends both Digory and Polly grab the rings and disappear.

I suppose there is more to say but I will leave it at that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment